With the release of their new WH-1000XM4 headphones and WF-1000XM3 in-ear earphones, Sony sets a new milestone in noise-canceling technology.
For the advertising launch of these new products, the boxquadrat team teamed up with photographer Mathias Kniepeiss to create film and photo material for marketing in a free project.
The focus was not exclusively on presenting the functional scope of the products, but also on an artistic presentation of the new technology.
As part of the production, visuals of both headphones and earphones were developed in two different styles: this was done in collaboration with the two models Lis O and Alexander Cohen, as well as the make-up artist Jasmin Simak.
All in all, several photo subjects were created in black and white design, respectively, as well as a short advertising video with artificial sound design in each case, which underlines the vision of the noise-cancelling technology with the claim “this is the sound of silence”.
As a summary and behind-the-scenes look at the production, a making-of video was also created, documenting the work areas of the individual people on set and in post-production.
- Concept: Mathias Kniepeiss & boxquadrat
- Photography: Mathias Kniepeiss
- Lighting, post production and making of: Philipp Schulz, boxquadrat
- Make-up & Styling: Jasmin Simak
- Models: Lis O und Alexander Cohen
- Camera und -editing: Lauren Klocker, boxquadrat
- Lighting and color gradation: Jakob Grill, boxquadrat
- Sounddesign: Felix Kirsch, boxquadrat